Saturday, 11 February 2012

Review: Nailease instant manicure

Helloo everyone!

I've never felt compelled to write a review before but after trying Nailease instant manicures I just thought I would have to share my experience with you guys.

Many of my lunch breaks at work involve me going the Boots (a UK pharmacist) next door. This usually means that I trawl through all the nail/eyelash/makeup related items. Mostly nail stuff in case it would benefit you lot for recommendations.

The other day I came across these manicure strips. Usually I'm pretty sceptical of these things because I like making little arty things of my own on my talons but at £3.00 I couldn't say no.

They're advertised as being manis for 'girls on the go' which would make you think it would be super quick to apply. No no dear friends this takes a little bit of time!! I got through a whole episode of UK Masterchef before I had finished mine.

 Every sticker is made of a solid adhesive/nail varnish layer which you place upon a naked nail. You can stretch them horizontally or vertically to make them wrinkle free but trust me this is super hard when you only have one hand to do it with.
Straight after application
What I found most challenging when applying these was filing off the ends. After you put the sticker on you are supposed to fold it over your nail and simply file of the end with the frankly terrible nail file you're supplied with. I'm sorry but how can you cleanly fold over a sticker that is essentially sitting on a curved surface and therefore will wrinkle regardless? This is the bit that I found most difficult in the apparently super quick manicure. When it came to filing down the ends sometimes big chunks came off, leaving the ends very uneven.



The next day I went to the gym (second time in about a year) and when I washed my hair lo and behold the stickers started unsticking and got stuck to my hair!!!! After two days (and one Sally Hansen InstaDri coat on initial application later) they pretty much look awful... nice comments from the boss as always (she despairs if I ever have a nail design on for more than 2 days) but even she agreed they looked a bit ropey.

This is what they look like after 3 days. SHOCKING!!

What do you think nail buds? Have any of you ever tried them? Maybe there is a better recommendation?

Wig Wam xx

6 comments:

  1. That's too bad they were so finicky to apply and didn't last too long cuz they are suuuuuuper cute!! Love the polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried these, but I have tried a brand called Jinx. The stickers actually lifted off of my nails within an hour. I tried again, and the same thing happened. I just don't think the cheaper brands are worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 2 awards for you (read more here http://zebra-nails.blogspot.com/2012/02/awards.html)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Duckie yeah I am a firm believer in "what is cheap always turns out expensive in the end."

    @Zebra-nails thaaaanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I nominated you for the versatile blogger award. I know you have it already but I really like your blog and think you deserve it again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks that's cute! Also I luurve your name. Clever!!

      Delete

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
I love getting all your comments cos it helps me remember that I'm not just chatting to myself!!! So leave a note and say heeeeeey if you like! I'm not a fan of links being posted on my blog though, so if you want me to check something out please e-mail me at email.wigwam@gmail.com. Gracias!
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...