Tuesday, 31 July 2012

Announcing the impending Penguin Makeup Challenge!!!!

Heeeey Everyone!!!

Ever since Alexis from xoxoalexisleigh, Kaki from Glitterobsession and Mini from Makeup Withdrawal first suggested this brand new never seen before (I think?!) makeup challenge to end all challenges, I was SO excited!!!!! One of my favourite past times is playing around with all the makeup I own and creating wacky looks I would probably neeeever dare to wear outside the house. There is just something so freeing about going nuts with an eyeliner and giving a sheet about what others think.


So this challenge is an opportunity to get a bit bonkers with colours and shapes and something actually non nail related. I don't know about you, but constantly changing my nails to make them beautiful can be quite time consuming when you're waiting for eeevery single little layer to dry. Before you know it you've watched 3 episodes of Friends straight whilst doing your nails and they're STILL squidgy and wet. Who knows, maybe I am just slow?!! Aaanyways, with a makeup challenge you thankfully don't have to wait ages to progress to a different element of the makeup process, and it wipes off easy. Brilliant!!

Without further ado, here are the challenge rules as originally set out in Alexis' post.

  • This is a makeup challenge only, not nails, just makeup! :)
  • You do not have to put your entire face on the internet! Obviously many people aren't comfortable with putting a picture of their entire face on the internet for all to see and I'm telling you, you don't have to! As long as you follow the theme/day color rules (ie. black and white) you can photograph any single part of your face for this challenge! Black & Color makeup for lips, go for it! Black & White makeup for ears, weird but again, it qualifies! However if you're brave enough to put your entire face on the internet we'd love to see what you come up with as well!
  • This is a three week challenge. As you can see there are three themes on the poster (black and white, black and colors, and white and color). Each seperate theme will be posted on Wednesday exactly one week apart.
  • Kaki will be emailing out the inlinkz code the day before the challenge starts (July 31st she'll be sending it out). Inlinkz is so easy to use but if you haven't worked with it before Kaki will provide easy directions in the email with the code. Because we are emailing out the code, if you want to participate please email either one of us so we can put you on the list to email on the 31st.
  • You don't have to be a professional, heck you don't even have to be 'good'! This challenge's sole purpose is to have fun! Don't be self conscious because I for example am not amazing at makeup; but, practicing does help you get better so if not for fun, do this to gain some makeup practice!

If you wanna get involved, get in touch with the 3 masters of ceremonies as linked in the first paragraph so that you can be sent the inlinkz code thing. All you have to do is write up a post about the challenge and also of course mention them in the post so that others can refer back to the info as they first set it out! 

The first day of the challenge is TOMORROW babies! So get cracking on some ideas! I am pretty busy with this Olympics job thing so I might even have to do a later post than that but fear not. I am toootally on board! Yeaaaa!!!

I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with!!

Wig Wam xx

2 comments:

  1. Oh how fun! Can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Join in!!!! It's not too late, Traci.....!

      Delete

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
I love getting all your comments cos it helps me remember that I'm not just chatting to myself!!! So leave a note and say heeeeeey if you like! I'm not a fan of links being posted on my blog though, so if you want me to check something out please e-mail me at email.wigwam@gmail.com. Gracias!
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...