Tuesday, 10 July 2012

I'm not sure what to call these nails?!

Heeeey Everyone!!

Firstly I have to share some good news that I received yesterday. My friend got me a ticket to Latitude Festival and I am gonna be staying in the campsites with all the artists and their families. Pretty showbiz hey? So I'm super super excited to be going! It means I will be away from Thursday to Monday and possibly no posts until then... unless I squeeze some scheduled posts in if I have time :)

I had seen a few designs like these floating around on the internet and thought I would give it a go. They were actually kinda tricky to get perfect on both hands (espesh the right one. My sister made my middle finger look too fat!!) Does this style of nail have a name??  I saw a design on Lana del Rey's nails (who will incidentally be performing at Latitude :-) which is a smigeon similar (don't laugh!!) but obviously I don't have her claws... I think hers are a bit TOO long and pointy. So not exactly inspired by hers but there's a small, er, kinda, similarity.... ISH!! haha. Let's call it a Wig Wam toned down interpretation.......!
Anyway, I love my nails so much I took a million piccies:
Something about these nails made me think of the 1920s so I matched them up against a flapper style beaded clutch bag 

Eek you can almost see the yellowness of my nails... I blame Essie for that :-s
My nails got very shy at the end of the photo shoot.... "Don't look at me!!! I'm so shy!!" to quote old sketch show Titty Bang Bang (NOT rude I promise!)
On another note, does anyone have any tips on ways to get rid of yellowness on nails? An Essie polish made my nails all yellow and witchy looking so on the above mani I had to put a few coats of a nude colour before applying the red petal/leaf-type things.

Thanks for viewing and I hope all you nail-lovers are having a good start to the week!

Wig Wam xx

15 comments:

  1. Your version is far nicer. I hate that pointed nail "style". It's as bad as duck nails

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Hers are overly long and sharp looking. I think if the point was a bit softer and not so long they would look ok. Btw WHAT are duck nails??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. these "things" are duck nails: https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRoDnPOpdLwMUpRDOhXX4ZOkOjoXoKB6HuYgVygQTyuybZjnLBb

      Delete
    2. Ohhh goddd they are RANK!!! They look like those spatula things you use to grout with. BLERG!

      Delete
  3. i love this one!! :) so cute with the photoshoot and all!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh this is cute! i've heard dipping your nails in lemon juice helps w/the yellowing (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I actually tried that and mixed it with whitening toothpaste and NADA! Maybe the solution below will help. Thanks Eileen :)

      Delete
  5. Ohh that festival seems fun!!
    omg I love your take on those nails! It's so chic! hehe.
    As for the yellow...I saw this online and haven't tried it yet, but I want to. You can mix 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide and 2 1/2 tablespoons of baking soda in a bowl and soak your nails in it...I also saw that you can brush your nails with whitening tooth paste lol. I'm curious to try both...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Traci!! Now... to find some hydrogen peroxide....

      Delete
  6. Oh they're just beautiful! They remind me a lot of tulips actually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe they can be tulip nails then :)

      Delete
  7. I love that kind of nails in french we call it "stilletos" or "stillets" depending of their length, i just love it not too long just like the picture above ^^

    ReplyDelete

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
I love getting all your comments cos it helps me remember that I'm not just chatting to myself!!! So leave a note and say heeeeeey if you like! I'm not a fan of links being posted on my blog though, so if you want me to check something out please e-mail me at email.wigwam@gmail.com. Gracias!
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...